Now Accepting Letters of Intent through July 25, 2012 for the 2013 Grants Cycle.
This summer, Community Hospital of San Bernardino and St. Bernardine Medical Center are once again joining together to encourage nonprofit community benefit organizations to submit letters of intent (LOI) for the annual Dignity Health Community Grants program—which earlier this year awarded over $220,000 to 14 local organizations. This program is dedicated to improving the health status and quality of life of the communities served by each of the 40 Dignity Health Hospitals in California, Arizona and Nevada. Since its inception in 1990, nearly 2,200 grant awards have been funded totaling $41 million.
Important Information for Local Applicants
Locally, grants up to $25,000 will be awarded to qualified nonprofit organizations for use in providing health services to underserved populations, specifically for programs that improve access to quality care, provide chronic disease management services or offer youth development. Letters of intent must be submitted no later than July 25, 2012.
How to Apply
1) Download the LOI form at www.dignityhealth.org/communitygrants. Changing the format of the LOI template will result in automatic disqualification. The process includes submitting one hard copy and an electronic version of the LOI.
2) Submit one letter of intent to either St. Bernardine or Community Hospital . A joint community benefit initiative committee will review all letters of intent submitted to both hospitals.
3) Inland Empire applicants, please deliver one hard copy to Kathleen McDonnell, Mission Services at 2101 N. Waterman Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92404.
4) In addition to the hard copy, please email an electronic copy to email@example.com no later than July 25, 2012.
5) Important Note: Grant applications must address one or more of the following health priorities:
Access to care with focus on:
• Health care resources
• Dental care resources
• Mental health resources
Chronic disease self management with focus on:
• Congestive heart failure
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Youth development with focus on:
• Healthy lifestyle alternatives
• Teen pregnancy
• Education promotion
• Career development
To download the letter of intent form please go to www.dignityhealth.org/communitygrants.
Questions regarding the local application process may be directed to Kathleen McDonnell, Service Area Manager, Community Benefit, at 909.475.5083.
The Community Grants Program is funded by contributions from Dignity Health member hospitals and helps hospitals like St. Bernardine Medical Center and Community Hospital of San Bernardino to enhance healthier communities.